Discover the timeless knowledge of Vastu Shastra and its remarkable influence on wooden interior design with our in-depth guide. As many Singaporeans appreciate the charm of natural elements in their living spaces, incorporating Vastu Shastra principles can enhance your wooden interior design and promote harmony, balance and a positive vibe. Whether you're doing home renovations or just looking for ways to bring a sense of serenity and calm to your home, Vastu Shastra has a wealth of insights to share.
Vastu Shashtra Basics For Wooden Interior Design
Vastu Shastra is an ancient Indian architecture and design philosophy to harmonize living spaces with the natural environment to promote balance, prosperity and well-being. Incorporating Vastu Shastra principles into wood interior design can help create a space that is not only visually pleasing but also radiates positive energy. Here are some Vastu Shastra basics to keep in mind when designing your wooden interiors:
According to Vastu Shastra, each direction has unique properties and energies. If you combine wood interior design with these principles, you can create a harmonious flow of energy in a room. For example, the east is associated with prosperity, so placing wooden furniture or decorations in the east can bring prosperity.
Vastu Shastra revolves around the balance of the five elements - Earth, Water, Fire, Air and Space. In wooden interior design, this can be achieved by using different types of wood that harmonize with these elements. For example, teak represents the earth and cedar represents water.
Vastu Shastra emphasizes the importance of space planning and creating a tidy environment. This means you need to design your wood interiors in such a way that energy flows smoothly. Avoid placing heavy wooden furniture in the center of the room, as this disrupts the energy flow. Instead, opt for lighter components and an open floor plan.
color and texture
The right color and texture are crucial to balancing the energy of a room. According to Vastu Shastra, natural wood colors like brown and green create a feeling of warmth and comfort. Plus, combining different wood grains and textures can add visual interest and enhance the positive energy of a space.
By incorporating Vastu Shastra compliant decorative elements such as wooden sculptures or wall art, you can amplify the positive energy of wooden interior design. Bring a positive vibe into your home by choosing items that represent prosperity, wealth or wealth.
Add positive energy with Vastu Shastra compliant wooden interior design
Here are some great tips for adding positive energy with Vastu Shastra compliant wood interiors:
Make sure to place wooden furniture like beds, desks and dining tables according to the cardinal directions recommended by Vastu Shastra. For example, place the bed on the south or west side with the headboard facing east or south.
to clean up
Keep your home tidy to encourage a smooth flow of positive energy. Create a sense of spaciousness by arranging your wood furniture in a way that is easy to move and move.
Choose sustainable, locally sourced wood materials that radiate positive energy. Choose woods such as teak, mahogany or oak, known for their durability and positive vibes.
Choose earthy and warm colors that complement your wood interior design. Colors like beige, cream and various shades of brown can enhance positive energy in your home and promote a sense of harmony and balance.
Incorporate natural elements such as indoor plants, water features, and plenty of natural light to enhance the positive energy of wood interiors. These elements connect you to nature and help maintain a calm and balanced atmosphere.
Enhance Your HDB Wooden Interiors With Vastu Sashtra
Here are some examples of furniture and fixtures to help you furnish your space while adhering to Vastu Shastra guidelines:
wooden bed: Choose a solid wood bed with a sturdy headboard, preferably teak or oak, and place it in the bedroom to the south or west, with the headboard facing east or south.
wooden dining table:Choose a rectangular or square wooden dining table to promote togetherness and family cohesion. Place it to the west or northwest of your dining area.
wooden bookshelf:Wooden bookshelves provide visual appeal and help organize your reading material. Place it on the west or southwest side of your study or living room.
Wooden TV Cabinet:Choose a wooden TV or entertainment center with ample storage. Place it on the north or east side of your living room, making sure it doesn't block windows or natural light.
wooden coffee table:A low wooden coffee table in the center of a living room can provide a functional and aesthetic focal point. Choose one made from sustainably sourced wood like oak or mahogany.
wooden side table:Use a wooden side table in your living room or bedroom for added function and style. Place them in a south or southwest orientation to encourage a positive flow of energy.
Wooden wardrobe:Integrate a wooden wardrobe and ample storage space in your bedroom. Place it south, west or southwest for balance and harmony.
wooden console table:A wooden sideboard table can add a versatile element to your entryway or hallway. Place it in the north or east to bring positive energy into your home.
wooden ledge:Install wooden wall shelves in your living room, bedroom or study to display decorative items or store important items. For optimal energy flow, place them facing west or southwest.
Kiguchi sound:Add wooden decorative pieces, such as decorative mirror frames, wooden sculptures, or wooden wall clocks, to enhance the visual appeal of an interior space.
Other Useful Information About Vastu Sashtra
- The Ancient Roots of Vastu Shastra:Vastu Shastra is a time-honored tradition dating back to 6,000 to 3,000 BC. on the Indian subcontinent. Its guiding principles can be found in ancient texts such as the Vedas, Puranas and Mahabharata.
- Balance the five elements:At the heart of Vastu Shastra is the concept of the five elements (panchabhootas) - earth (bhumi), water (jala), air (vayu), fire (agni) and space (akasha). These elements form the basis of all cosmic creation, and a harmonious balance between them is essential for a prosperous and healthy living environment.
- Use directed energy:Vastu Shastra emphasizes the importance of the cardinal points - north, south, east and west - and the cardinal points in between - northeast, northwest, southeast and southwest. Each direction is associated with specific elements, deities and energies that can affect the inhabitants of the space.
- A common philosophy:Vastu Shastra has something in common with traditional architectural and design philosophies like Chinese Feng Shui and Western Feng Shui. All three systems aim to create a harmoniously balanced living space by considering the flow of energy, the arrangement of objects and the influence of the natural environment.
- Modern Application of Vastu Shastra:Despite the ancient origins of Vastu Shastra, its principles remain relevant and widely applied in modern architecture and interior design. Contemporary architects and designers incorporate Vastu Shastra concepts into their projects to create spaces that promote well-being, harmony and prosperity.
- Vastu Purusha:In Vastu Shastra, Vastu Purusha symbolizes the cosmic being or local spirit. It is believed that Vastu Purusha rests with his head facing Northeast and his feet facing Southwest. The placement of space and objects should be consistent with the position of the God of Gassho to ensure a harmonious and balanced environment.
- Vastu Shastra in Commercial and Commercial Spaces:Vastu Shastra principles are applicable in residential, commercial and business premises. By following the Vastu Shastra guidelines for office layout, entrance and workspace, businesses can attract positive energy, increase productivity and ensure success and prosperity.
- Vastu Shastra and Interior Design Elements:Apart from space arrangement and orientation, Vastu Shastra considered various elements of interior design such as colour, material, lighting and decorations. Incorporating Vastu Shastra principles into your interior design decisions can encourage the flow of positive energy and create a harmonious living environment.
Inspired to incorporate Vastu Shastra principles into your wooden interiors and turn your living space into an oasis of tranquility? Browse through our curated list and start this exciting journeyTop Interior Designers in Singapore.These experienced professionals will expertly guide you through every stage of your home improvement project and make your dreams come true.
For a total makeover of your home visit usMegmobelDiscover an extraordinary collection of furniture and home accessories that will blend seamlessly into your Vastu Shastra inspired interiors.