This honey mustard roasted chicken thighs recipe is a perfect and easy way to make oven roasted chicken thighs. with a magician4 ingredient sauce,no need to marinate,These chicken thighs are golden, gooey, and everyone loves them!
Plus, an optional side of crispy, buttery mashed potatoes for a platter-ready thigh dinner!
Sticky Baked Chicken Thighs recipe
This baked chicken thighs recipe is one of those gems you'll want to keep in your back pocket. Here's why you'll love it and will make it again and again:
incredibly easy– just pour the sauce over the chicken thighs and bake;
5-Ingredient Honey Mustard Magic Sauce
They toast beautifully, then become gooey and golden;
The taste is universally pleasant. Not too sweet, not too salty, it's delicious!
Difference between coxinhas and chicken thighs?
Chicken thighs and drumsticks are the same. everyone's favorite partGrilled chicken!
What you need for honey mustard baked chicken thighs
Here's everything you need: chicken thighs, plus 4 simple ingredients for the magic honey mustard sauce:
Dijon mustard (or other plain mild mustard)
Corn flour/corn starch*
there is a lotfew sauces in this world taste so good with so few ingredients.And it coats the chicken legs really well, making them wonderfully sticky!
*Without the cornmeal, the sauce is super watery due to all the chicken broth.
How to make roasted chicken thighs
Place the chicken thighs on a baking sheet, drizzle with the sauce and bake!
In this recipe, I completed the meal with a garnish ofcrispy mashed potato made in the same tray. To do this, I created a "barrier" between the chicken and potatoes with aluminum foil. This makes cleanup easier and prevents the chicken juices from splashing onto the potatoes, leaving them soggy instead of crunchy!
Aprepare potatoes quickly, I just put them in the microwave. Then put on the tray, flatten, drizzle with butter or oil. Together the potatoes and chicken thighs take 50-60 minutes to bake to perfection - crispy potatoes and gooey chicken thighs with tender meat.
How long does it take to bake the coxinhas in the oven?
Sticky drumsticks like this take 50 minutes to cook in an oven at 180°C/350F. This makes them caramelized on the outside with tender flesh.
Some recipes say to bake them at a higher temperature (220°C/425F) for about 30 minutes. Although they cook it in that amount of time, I find the meat a little too chewy for my taste.
Sticky drumsticks And crispy potatoes!
And that's how they look: sticky, spicy drumsticks on one side and crispy potatoes on the other!
One plate winner, chicken dinner winner!
sticky roasted chicken thighs;
Honey and mustard sauce; AND
crispy mashed potatoes.
Add a side of steamed vegetables of your choice and dinner is done.
Active effort time: just over 10 minutes.
Marinating time: zero
Pleasure Rating: Well, let's put it this way. No wonder there are only 7 drumsticks in the photo above when the recipe calls for 8... Honestly, I have the self-control of a child. This is a disgrace.?
see how to
More fabulous roasted chicken thigh recipes
Potatoes and Chicken with Lemon Garlic
Thighs with Chinese Plum Sauce
Jamaican Jerk Drumsticks
greek chicken(do this with thighs instead of thighs)
Hungry for more?subscribe to meInformative reportand move onFacebook,pinterestyInstagramfor all the latest updates.
Chicken thighs roasted with honey and mustard
To cook:1 hour
Total:1 hour 11 minutes
Tap or hover to scale
Recipe from the video above.Incredibly Easy Baked Chicken Thighs with a Magic 4-Ingredient Honey Mustard Sauce. Advance,option to add crispy mashed potatoesfor effortless dinner on a tray!
Mashed potato (optional):
- 4 x 150g/5oz papas (Use one)
- 2 tablespoons / 30g olive oil or melted butter
- 8 chicken thighs (about 1 kg / 2 lb) (Use 2)
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 soup spoon dijon mustard (Use 3)
- 1 soup spoon whole grain mustard (or use but Dijon)
- 1/4 cup Mel
- 1 garlic clove , chopped
- 1 teaspoon corn flour/corn starch (Use 4)
- pinch of salt and pepper
To serve (optional):
- Fresh thyme leaves or chopped parsley
- steamed broccoli
Mashed Potato Option:
Microwave potatoes for 10 minutes over high heat or until cooked through. (Note 5)
Place on one side of the tray. Mash with a potato masher (Note 6) to about 2/3/1.7 cm thick, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
If you are making mashed potatoes, fold over the edges of the foil the thighs are in.
Sticky Baked Drumsticks:
Preheat oven to 180C/350F.
Mix the sauce ingredients together with a good pinch of salt and pepper.
Cover the mold with aluminum foil and line with parchment paper.
Place the drumsticks on the paper. If you're making mashed potatoes, fold the ends of the foil so the sauce doesn't splash onto the potatoes (it doesn't need to be high, even 1cm/2/5" is fine, the video helps).
Pour the sauce over the thighs. Drizzle the chicken with olive oil.
Bake for 30 minutes. Turn the thighs (not potatoes), pour the juices over the thighs.
Bake for another 20 minutes, turn over, pour over the juices. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes until the sauce has reduced and the thighs are browned and gooey.(Video) Crispy Chicken Thighs with Creamy Mustard Sauce | Barefoot Contessa: Cook Like a Pro | Food Network
Remove from the oven. Toss the thighs into what should now be a syrupy sauce. (Note 7) Serve thighs with gravy, with crispy mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli on the side. Sprinkle with fresh thyme leaves if using.
1. Dads -It can also be boiled for about 25 minutes. I use daily dirty brushed potatoes or washed potatoes for this recipe (the most common potato types here in Australia). Any all-purpose potato will look great with this. USA: Red or Yukon gold is ideal - great crunch!
Baby potatoes can also be used like theseUltra Crispy Mashed Potatoesrevenue. Most potatoes will do just fine here: high-starch potatoes will produce a fluffier interior, while waxy potatoes are a little less fluffy but still a little creamy. You will love them both!
2. Pollo -Or 4 to 5 bone-in, skin on thighs, same cooking time and method. Boneless, skinless thighs work too, but they only need 40 minutes in the oven, so add the potatoes first, then add the thighs after 20 minutes.
3. Mustard -Or another mild mustard (even that bright yellow stuff you put on hot dogs!), but not super hot English mustard unless you want it hot enough to blow your mind!
4. Cornmeal -Without it, the sauce is watered down by the juices from the chicken. With that, you have a bright, syrupy honey mustard sauce to drizzle all over the chicken and veggies.
5. Dads -No need to poke, it doesn't matter if they pop a little. It doesn't matter if they're not 100% cooked, as long as they're cooked enough to mash.
6. The Tenoror glass bottom or spatula. If you can get rough grooves on the surface, you'll get crispy, golden pieces!
7. SALSA settings:The thickness of the sauce will be affected by the juiciness of the thighs, but adjusting the sauce is very easy. Remove the coxinhas and, if it is too thick, add a little water. If it's still soggy, put it back in the oven (without the chicken) for a few minutes; it will thicken very quickly.
8. STORAGE:Thighs will reheat very well in the fridge or thaw in the freezer. Spoon over some of the sauce too! I just warmed it up in the microwave. The crispy potato will brown again in the oven - 180C/350F for about 10 minutes.
9. Nutritionper serving, including potatoes, chicken and all sauces, excludes steamed vegetables.
Key words:Roasted Chicken Thighs, Chicken Thighs
Did you make this recipe?I love hearing how you did with my recipes! Tag me on Instagram at@RecipeTinEats.
Originally posted on Apr 25, 2018. Post and recipe organized and updated for cleanliness. There are no changes to the ingredients in the recipe.
This recipe was originally published on ANZAC Day in Australia, April 25, 2018. It is a day when we commemorate the Australian and New Zealand Army Corps ("ANZAC") who served and sacrificed for our country in the First World War. World War.
Dozer wears a sprig of Anzac rosemary around her neck for (most of) the day and we make a donation toANZAC Appeal. A very small gesture. #Didn't we forget?
Why put mustard on chicken before frying? ›
Putting mustard on chicken before rub will help the seasonings adhere to the skin. Most of the time, the acrid flavor will dissipate during the cooking process. If you're not a fan of mustard, a layer of cooking spray, oil, or melted butter will give the chicken skin similar binding properties.What should I soak my chicken in before frying? ›
Most Southern fried chicken recipes start with a bath in a seasoned marinade of some sort, whether it's buttermilk, milk and eggs, or even pickle juice. Adding plenty of salt to this mixture can help your chicken stay moist. This works in the exact same manner as a brine.What cooking method is best for chicken thighs? ›
This cut is slightly less rich than bone-in, skin-on, because you lose the perks of the bone and skin. However, boneless, skinless dark meat is still much more flavor dense than chicken breasts. The cooking methods that are ideal for boneless skinless thighs are grilling, roasting, and slow cooking.Do you put mustard on before or after seasoning? ›
#2 BBQ Rub
First, it will help the seasoning adhere to the meat more evenly and not fall off while smoking. Second, the mustard helps develop a smoky and delightful “bark” of flavor on the outside of your meat. I no longer smoke meat without first rubbing it with mustard.
“Covering the chicken keeps the heat even and helps the chicken cook through,” Corriher said. “But you'll want to uncover it toward the end, to crisp it. Covering the skillet does make a racket, though — it's the drops of condensed moisture dropping into the oil that create all that carrying-on.”